True Web Access Management as a Service through SSO/Rest
SSO/Rest delivers CA Single Sign-On (formerly named CA SiteMinder) functionality through a simple HTTP-based RESTful interface, which has been hardened and secured to safely provide enterprise SSO, authentication, session management, and access management over the public cloud.
Built specifically for CA Single Sign-On, IDF Connect’s SSO/Rest uses the rich features of the HTTP protocol to provide a REST interface that enables you to put applications in the cloud and protect them with CA Single Sign-On as if they were in your own data center.
- SSO/Rest is a protocol developed by IDF Connect that anyone can implement and that provides a REST-based interface to an SSO product for web access management.
- Based on many years of real-world identity integrations, SSO/Rest delivers CA Single Sign-On functionality through a simple HTTP-based RESTful interface, which has been hardened and secured to safely provide enterprise SSO, authentication, session management, and access management over the public cloud.
SSO/Rest can be used in public cloud IaaS or PaaS environments in lieu of traditional heavier and proprietary CA Single Sign-On plug-ins, so that you can use your existing CA SSO infrastructure to manage these applications exactly as if they were in your own data center.
SSO/Rest extends CA Single Sign-On support to Web 2.0 technologies and enhances its protection of Web 2.0 applications. SSO/Rest also provides “internal-facing” services that meet the needs of server-side applications needing a tight SSO integration.
SSO/Rest enables you to:
- Present all of your CA Single Sign-On applications in a single cohesive interface
- Enforce single logout and session timeout enforcement across all applications
- Utilize multi-factor authentication and multiple cookie domains
- Manage your different user directories and password policies
- Leverage end-to-end identity propagation
- Offer Federation to third parties
- Deploy on Amazon EC2 and public cloud
Validated and Integrated Cloud Technology
- SSO/Rest supports AJAX, Adobe Flex, Microsoft Silverlight, and other browser-based rich content engines. It supports plain text, JSON, and XML payloads.
- SSO/Rest employs a flexible infrastructure, using standards-based components and technologies. It can be deployed in any J2EE servlet container (Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere), Java 6.0, and any JAX-RS framework.
- SSO/Rest supports the most recent versions of CA Single Sign-On, simplifying deployment of the solution.
- SSO/Rest is a CA Technologies TTP Validated Solution.
SSO/Rest in a CA Single Sign-On environment
SSO/Rest includes integrated “light” agents to cloud-enable CA Single Sign-On in a wide array of server and application environments.
Enables Single Sign-On between a PingFederate environment and enterprise Web Access Management.
Enables you to bring your Tomcat applications into your Single Sign-On and Authentication/Access Control solution.
Builds on the functionality of the SSO/Rest Agent for Tomcat, and adds identity propagation into the JBoss EJB container.
Servlet Filter Agent
Standard Servlet 2.x or 3.0 filter implementation that can be added to any Servlet-based Java web application.
Mac OS X Apache Agent
Provides Mac OS X servers with CA Single Sign-On via SSO/Rest.